Head Start of Washington County is committed to providing quality services for your child and his/her total family. Early Head Start programs serve pregnant women and children from birth to age three. Head Start Programs serves children ages three to five years. Early Head Start children may qualify to transition into the Head Start Program or another Pre-K Program. Head Start of Washington County is MSDE Certified and OCC Licensed Program.
Families must reside in Washington County and meet federal income guidelines for eligibility into the program. Those receiving financial assistance, food stamps, and/or other TANF services from the Department of Social Services could be eligible. Families receiving SSI benefits are automatically eligible. Children are not required to be potty trained.
Our program offers the following options:
- Part-Day / Part-Year Classes | Monday-Thursday; 8:00 am to 11:30 pm & 12:30 pm to 4:00 pm | Martin Luther King Center & Noland Center
- Extended Day / Part-Year Classes | Monday -Friday; 9:00 am to 3:00 pm | Sargent Shriver Center
- Full Day / Full Year Classes | Monday-Friday; 7:30 am to 5:30 pm | Elgin Center
- Home Based Option
All of our program options also include Health, Nutrition and Family Services so that we can support children and their families in all areas of their lives. We also provide bus transportation for many areas.
Apply today. Openings fill up quickly!
If you would like to enroll your child into our program, please fill out the child enrollment packet. You will need to complete all pages. When you have completed the entire packet you may drop it off or mail it to the address listed below:
Head Start of Washington County, Inc.
Enrollment Office | Sargent Shriver Center
837 Spruce Street
Hagerstown, MD 21740
Child Enrollment Packet | Required Application Documents:
- Child Enrollment, Eligibility and Selection Application
ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION FORM (ENROLLMENT FORM) ENGLISH REV 2-19.pdf
- Head Start of Washington County Physical Form
HSWC Physical Form 2018 ENGLISH.pdf
- Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Immunization Certificate
Maryland Dept. of Health Immunization Certificate MDH_896_form.pdf
Expectant Mother Enrollment Application:
- Enrollment, Eligibility and Selection Application
Expectant Mother Enrollment Eligibility Selection Application rev November 2018 ENGLISH.pdf
Please attach proof of income documentation with enrollment packet
- W-2 Tax Forms
- Copy of actual tax forms files with the IRS (Tax Form 1040)
- Department of Social Services Award Letter (Food Stamps, Temporary Cash Assistance TCA,)
- Social Security Award Letter ( SSI)
- Unemployment Benefit Checks
- Paycheck Stub (for each different employer in the past 12 months)
- Child Support documentation
If you need assistance completing the application or would like to know the status of your application, please contact our Enrollment Specialist at 301-733-4640 ext. 110.