Policy Council Portal
Policy Council members are currently enrolled Head Start parents and interested community members who act as a link between those people making and carrying out decisions and the people Head Start serves. Policy Council members are elected by their peers..
GOAL: The Policy Council actively participates in the development of school readiness goals and helps to assess the programs progress in achieving those goals.
Elections for new parent representatives to Policy Council will take place during parent orientation in September. If Interested please contact Mary Beck 301-797-5231 x 128.
Policy Council Meeting Schedule
Meeting Time: 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm
Meeting Location: Sargent Shriver Center, 837 Spruce Street, Hagerstown, MD 21740
Upcoming Meeting Dates
- January 22, 2018
- February 12, 2018
- March 12, 2018
- April 16, 2018
- May 21, 2018
- June 18, 2018
- July - none
- August - none
2018-2019 Policy Council Officers
- April Baker: Chairperson
- Taruna Patel: Vice-Chairperson
- Lakeisha Thrower: Treasurer
- Alicia Carter: HSWC Family Advocate & Council Policy Governess.
- Michael Lindsay: Secretary
- Bruce McCarthy: Community Representative - Department of Social Services
- Karla Delauter: Community Representative - Family Health Care
- Sandra Balbuena: Community Representative - The Hub
- Kelly Mills-Thompson: Community Representative - HHA
2018-2019 Policy Council Parent Representatives