HSWC Benefits & Insurance
Jim Harrell, Employee Benefits
Flexible Spending Account
A Flexible Spending Account is a special account you put money into that you use to pay for certain out-of-pocket health care costs. You don’t pay taxes on this money. This means you’ll save an amount equal to the taxes you would have paid on the money you set aside.
What are the benefits of a flexible spending account?
By putting this money aside pretax the participant pays no Federal, FICA or State taxes on the amount deducted from his/her pay. Through the use of FSAs, participants can pay their out-of-pocket health care and/or dependent daycare expenses using pre-tax dollars.
What is a flexible spending account and how does it work?
A health flexible spending account (FSA) is part of your benefits package. This plan lets you use pre-tax dollars to pay for eligible health care expenses for you, your spouse, and your eligible dependents. Here’s how an FSA works. Money is set aside from your paycheckbefore taxes are taken out.
Dental & Vision Insurance 2018
- Dental CMM 1500
- Head Start of Washington County - SOLD DENTAL BENEFIT SUMMARY 5P092
- Head Start of Washington County VI Benefit Summary 012018
- Vision Hearing Aid
- Vision ID Card Medical Members
- Vision Provider Network 2018
- Vision Scheduling an Appointment
Vision cards are not mailed to members. You can go to the website to create an account and print the vision card. This site is different from the Health account you may have created. This site is specifically for Vision coverage.
- Go to: www.myuhcvision.com
- Enter information in all cells that have an Asterisk (*)
- Enter your ID# (same as dental number ) or last 4 digits of your Social Security Number.
Supplemental Insurance 2018 (Aflac)
Gayle Duffy, Agent
Supplemental Insurance 2018 (Legal Sheild)
Peak Performance Group, LLC
Retirement & Investing (403b Plan)
Abeles Investment Consulting Group of Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC
David M. Abeles, AAMS, CFP
Managing Director, Investments
Documents available for download:
- Retirement Deductions based on 20 pays per year
- Retirement Deductions based on 26 pays per year
- 403b Additional Discretionary Contribution
- HSWC 404 (a)(5) Retirement Plan Annual Summary Report - 2016
- Participant Disclosures Dec 2017
- Iron Retirement 403b HSWC Participant Update Dec 2017
- Iron Retirement HSWC 403b Required Disclosure Feb 2018
Employee Assistance Program
Meritus Health, Behavioral Health Services
11116 Medical Campus Road, Suite 2989
Hagerstown, MD 21742
How can the employee assistance program help me?
Your Employee Assistance Program (EAP) plays a key role in helping you, your coworkers and family members cope with emotional, physical, or any other problems that may be affecting your personal well-being and your job. The program is 100% confidential any information you share with the counselor remains confidential. No information will be released to anyone, including your employer, without your written consent, or as required by law. Future job advancement will not be affected by your participation in EAP.
How does the employee assistance program work?
There is no cost to you, not even a co-pay. If you are having personal problems or trouble managing your life, you may contact a counselor and set up an appointment . You can have up to five sessions per counseling subject.
You can get help from a counselor for any of these issues and more:
- Depression & Anxiety
- Alcohol or drug problem
- Loss of a loved one (grief)
- Divorce or Separation
- Sibling Rivalry
- Financial worries
- Work Stress
- Co-worker Issues